Through carving a wooden spoon, you’ll learn how to use a small hand hatchet, hook knife, and related knife grips and cuts.
A lifetime of spoon carving awaits!
Outside Sebastopol, CA
Adults and accompanied youth aged 14+
Prerequisite: Wood and Knife Basic Carving Class
Very limited number of spots, so sign up soon!
Non-refundable (though you can pass it to someone else if you can’t attend)
- A carving knife if you have one (I’ll have some to lend).
- A hand hatchet if you have one (I’ll have some to lend)
If you want to purchase a knife in advance, I recommend (affiliate link):
Mora Kniv 120 Wood Carving Knife (about $25–30)
If you want to purchase a hatchet in advance (a lifetime quality tool investment), I recommend (affiliate link):
Gransfors Bruks Hand Hatchet (about $160)
- Your lunch (we’ll take a break, plan to stay onsite).
- A chair or blanket for sitting (we’ll be outside unless it rains).
- Hat, Jacket, Shoes, Water Bottle, etc.
Related Class: Make A Strop